Re: cc-mode fontification feels random

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: cc-mode fontification feels random
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 22:21:30 +0200

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 05:02:09PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
1) What is finally the most desirable/long path/future feature?
I mean, finally what is preferred by the developers to support in the future?

lsp or tree-sitter?
     ^^
    and

-- Stefan

For what I know about tree-sitter it does not provide the parsers with
the library. Usually they require to be distributed with the programs
with one parser/language. They are veen in different github
repositories.

In Rust application (like helix editor) that's not an issue because
cargo handles that. But for emacs I don't know how can be solved the
technical and legal issues with the dependencies.

Are we going to add their source code to emacs? In systems like mine,
tree-sitter is a package, but the parsers are not.