native-comp and cl-lib startup issue

From: Yuri D'Elia
Subject: native-comp and cl-lib startup issue
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 13:35:34 +0200

Hi everyone. I'm tracking the latest master branch and built emacs with
native compilation and NATIVE_FULL_AOT=1 (although the latter doesn't
change the nature of this issue).

The first run of emacs with a clean eln-cache works fine. I'm generally
using the daemon, so I quit rarely. But if I do, generally on the second
run I get this startup error message:

> Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading
> ‘~/.config/emacs/init.el’:
>
> error: (setf seq-elt) is already defined as something else than a generic
> function

As a wild guess, it's because seq-elt is now native-compiled?

I removed the cl-lib native compiled file from eln-cache (in my case
cl-lib-8b938900-fbcee53d.eln) and lo-and-behold the error is fixed. But
it will reappear eventually.

I'm surprised I didn't see any reference to this error in the archives,
and I didn't get any hit when searching in debbugs.