Re: Checks failing abort make process

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Checks failing abort make process
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 10:41:17 +0200

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Pedro,

> Autosave file on local temporary directory, do you want to continue?
> (yes or no)
> test/lisp/shadowfile-tests.log (END)
>
> I went and said 'yes' on the terminal where I was running make and the
> build process ended.

I suppose your local uid is 0, isn't it?

The confirmation message is a result of a recent change in Tramp, see
etc/NEWS:

*** Writing sensitive auto-save or backup files to the local temporary
directory must be confirmed.  In order to suppress this confirmation,
set user option 'tramp-allow-unsafe-temporary-files' to t.

I've pushed a fix to master, which sets tramp-allow-unsafe-temporary-files
to t in filenotify-tests.el and shadowfile-tests.el to t in the
noninteractive case. This should fix the problem.

> Best, /PA

Best regards, Michael.