Re: How to add pseudo vector types

From: Clément Pit-Claudel
Subject: Re: How to add pseudo vector types
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 12:54:16 -0400

On 7/21/21 12:29 PM, Stephen Leake wrote:
> Yes, for both tree-sitter and wisi. wisi can take even longer if lots of
> error correction is required (I have a time-out set at 5 seconds). But
> that happens when the file is first opened; I doubt any user would start
> typing that fast. I know I typically take a while to just look at the
> text, and then navigate to the point of interest.

I'm not sure.  We've had significant complaint in Flycheck for freezing Emacs
for <1s: we have a synchronous sanity check to determine whether a checker can
execute in a buffer (it runs a single time, and it should be async but I
haven't gotten around to rewriting it).  The problem is that some programs,
including eslint, can take as much 1s, and in some bad cases 2-3 seconds, to
parse their own config and decide if they can even run.

Users have complained about this delay.  It might be better if they were able
to scroll around, though — is that what happens with WISI?  But if we have a
fully synchronous TS, then that won't be possible either: it will be a complete
Emacs freeze, no?