Re: multi-process elisp compilation?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: multi-process elisp compilation?
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 15:28:38 +0200

"Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> writes:

>> You mean, "make -jN" where N is the number of execution units?
>
> Precisely, but that seems to work for building Emacs's .c files but
> not for compiling the elisp files. I may have screwed something up in
> my build; if it is expected to work, that would be useful information
> because then I could try to debug what has gone wrong.

-jN works on Elisp files too.

Please note that some .el files take a while to build and they are a
dependency for a posterior build product, so it is possible that at some
time only one .el file is being compiled. Also, there are other products
that take a long time to build, so you could get the impression that the
build is working single-threaded.

But, for the most part, the build of the Elisp files is highly
parallized.