Re: master cfcf42f 2/2: Ensure that gud commands for non-GDB debuggers a

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master cfcf42f 2/2: Ensure that gud commands for non-GDB debuggers are handled by repeat-mode
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 08:43:12 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
> Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 22:13:40 +0200
> Cc: Brian Leung <leungbk@mailfence.com>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net> writes:
>
> >> Yeah, the warning should probably be rewritten to start with "Warning: "
> >> or something?
> >
> > It's displayed as a warning only when prefixed with "0:0:0: Warning: ".
>
> Right, so we could change this message to say that?

I'm not sure it's a warning.  It's an informative message, and some of
them are always displayed during bootstrap.  Making them warnings
would then apply pressure on us to remove them, which we cannot easily
do in the case of those other messages (unlike the one caused by the
changeset in this bug).

Stefan, any comments/suggestions?

My personal advice is to read carefully every line displayed by the
build process, and not limit yourself to warnings.  Messages that
aren't supposed to appear during a normal build should be discovered
regardless of whether they are warnings/errors or not.