RE: [External] : Re: Basic WYSIWYG printing in GNU Emacs (Sheet music)

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Basic WYSIWYG printing in GNU Emacs (Sheet music)
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 16:12:55 +0000

Is David Kastrup's LilyPond work with Emacs perhaps
relevant to this discussion?

http://lilypond.org/

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/usage/text-editor-support.html

  Emacs has a ‘lilypond-mode’, which provides keyword
  autocompletion, indentation, LilyPond specific
  parenthesis matching and syntax coloring, handy
  compile short-cuts and reading LilyPond manuals
  using Info. If ‘lilypond-mode’ is not installed on
  your platform, see below.

  An Emacs mode for entering music and running LilyPond
  is contained in the source archive in the ‘elisp’
  directory. Do make install to install it to elispdir.
  file ‘lilypond-init.el’ should be placed to
  load-path‘/site-start.d/’ or appended to your
  ‘~/.emacs’ or ‘~/.emacs.el’.

(I know nothing about it, and I'm not a musician.  I just
recall seeing messages in emacs-devel about it over the years.)