Re: NonGNU ELPA work

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: NonGNU ELPA work
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 12:21:46 -0400

> I have been trying to prepare the patches for the last few days, but
> there seem to be issues with the build system (or hopefully I'm doing
> something wrong):
>
> $ make build-all
> emacs --batch -Q -l admin/elpa-admin.el \
>          -f elpaa-batch-pkg-spec-make-dependencies .pkg-descs.mk
> emacs --batch -l /home/philip/Code/src/nongnu/admin/elpa-admin.el     \
>          -f elpaa-batch-make-all-packages
> Updating worktree in "/home/philip/Code/src/nongnu/packages/geiser/"
> Updated geiser: merge: refs/remotes/origin/elpa/geiser - not something we can
> merge
>
> Updating worktree in "/home/philip/Code/src/nongnu/packages/smartparens/"
> Updated smartparens: fatal: No remote for the current branch.
>
> Updating worktree in "/home/philip/Code/src/nongnu/packages/lua-mode/"
> Updated lua-mode: fatal: No remote for the current branch.
>
> Updating worktree in "/home/philip/Code/src/nongnu/packages/wgrep/"
> Updated wgrep: fatal: No remote for the current branch.

This seems to point to a problem in the "setup" of your directory.
Maybe `origin` isn't pointing to the nongnu,git repository?

`build-all` is really meant for `elpa.gnu.org` and you shouldn't need to
use it unless you really want to reproduce the whole NonGNU archive.

Instead you can use things like `make build/lua-mode` or `make
lua-mode.tar` to test a particular package spec.

        Stefan