Re: On the adoption of transient.el

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: On the adoption of transient.el
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2021 19:23:35 +1000

> But to be clear: magit is brilliant at providing an interface to the
> mystery that is the full git ecosystem!

+1. I'm not sure I know of another command with as many options and
sub-commands as git. Prior to magit, I spent a lot of time skimming
through the git help or man git-*. The challenge with git is that 99% of
the time, you just have a very few set of commands to remember, but when
you need something from that other 1%, you can never remember the
details. With magit, i get sufficient summary/prompts to make this
realtively easy.

I'm not sure how easily you could do a git interface based around
dired-style UI design which provides much more than the vc-* interface
already provides.