Re: NonGNU ELPA rules regarding nonfree software

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: Re: NonGNU ELPA rules regarding nonfree software
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 22:37:56 +1000

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]] [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]] [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

> The nonfree programs include Finder (the default file > manager on a > Mac OS X), Google Chrome and Microsoft Outlook.

The place where we state our standards about things like this
is the node References in the GNU Coding Standards. How about reading
that, and thinking about what it says about this case?

Thanks, done. It looks like this case is not a violation according to the standards refrence node <https://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/References.html#References> because the nonfree programs are well known, people who don't use the nonfree programs are not likely to use them because of the package, and people who use the nonfree programs can use the free program that is the package.

--
Best,
Yuchen

PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0
          <https://ypei.me/assets/ypei-pubkey.txt>