Re: New Context Menu

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: New Context Menu
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 19:36:37 +0200

Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 15:03:04 +0200
From: Ergus <spacibba@aol.com>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org, juri@linkov.net

Maybe the problem is that mouse-N events are generated when we release
the mouse-N key. But no C-mouse-N event is generated when Control is
hold and mouse-N key released.

I don't think this is true.

If I do:

C-h k and press mouse-1

It shows 2 events:

There were several key-sequences:

  <down-mouse-1> at that spot runs the command mouse-drag-region
  <mouse-1> at that spot runs the command mouse-set-point

But:

C-h k and press Control + mouse1

I only get:

C-<down-mouse-1> at that spot runs the command mouse-buffer-menu
(found in global-map), which is an interactive native compiled Lisp
function in ‘mouse.el’.

It is bound to C-<down-mouse-1>.

(mouse-buffer-menu EVENT)

There is not such event like C-<mouse-1>

So this is actually the issue.

If this is intended, then it is the reason why the context-menu behavior
is different than other menus bound to modified mouse events.

Are the bindings near the end of menu-bar.el relevant to this?

Maybe.

There are mouse-X down-mouse-X S-mouse-X S-drag-mouse-X and
C-down-mouse-X. But not any C-mouse-X

So maybe this explains what I described above.