Re: [External] : Re: fido-vertical bindings

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: fido-vertical bindings
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 23:21:46 -0400

  > > > The whole idea or "internal only" is inappropriate for free
  > > > software, IMHO.
  > >
  > > Bollocks.

  > Bollocks, IMHO.

I agree with your position that "internal only" is reasonable.

"Internal only", in free software, means "We may change this interface
at any time.  Please don't call it.  If you do call it, and your code
breaks, that is not a bug; don't expect us to 'fix' it."

That is a perfectly legitimate position for a developer to take.

But please, when we disagree with someone else's opinion, let's
not use a harsh word such as "bollocks" to express disagreement.