Re: Proposal: new default bindings for winner and windmove

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Proposal: new default bindings for winner and windmove
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 22:20:22 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Daniel Colascione <dancol@dancol.org>
>> Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 12:10:16 -0700
>>
>> Today, winner binds C-c LEFT  and C-c RIGHT for window configuration
>> undo and redo, respectively. This set of bindings has three problems:
>>
>>   1) the bindings occupy binding space on important keys, LEFT and
>> RIGHT, for functions that are rarely used,
>>
>> 2) the winner binding space isn't logically connected to window
>> management, and
>>
>> 3) the bindings don't work on terminals without LEFT and RIGHT.
>>
>> How about we set up these bindings instead?
>
> I'm actually surprised they have key bindings.  How frequently do you
> undo/redo window configuration changes?
You obviously don't need to call help functions as often as I :). It is
handy to restore back windows after some help lookup, or after something
else opened a window that is left over. Compile log for example. I have
my binding on C-v u and C-v r, but it is mostly C-v u I use form time to
time.

Maybe I am just n00b myself, maybe you have better workflow.