Re: xterm [menu] key definition

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: xterm [menu] key definition
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 20:28:22 +0300

> Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 18:40:36 +0200
> Cc: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>,
>  emacs-devel <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
> From:  Ergus via "Emacs development discussions." <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>
> Just to clarify.
>
> What I am proposing is as simple as the attached patch.
>
> I won't expect any complain about the change, but if so we then may
> decide to do something like an alias between [menu] and [print]:

Look, we need some kind of evidence that this is TRT, some document
that describes that key, or explains why urxvt and xterm behave
differently, or who and why made the current code as it is.  We cannot
make this change in xterm.el just because you think it's right and it
suits your personal system configuration.  The code we have wins by
default, unless you can come up with a clear reason explaining why it
is wrong.

The rest of the change, i.e. binding the menu to the <menu> key, is
fine by me.  But not the change in xterm.el, not without a very good
explanation.

Okay?