RE: [External] : Re: Gitlab Migration

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Gitlab Migration
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 21:41:06 +0000

> Maybe Emacs project should be better at informing users
> about Emacs bug tracker: ... and this one: ... and
> debbugs package for browsing bugs directly from Emacs?

(Apologies for not really following this thread.)

1. It might not help with the general process of tracking
or searching bugs, but we do have a `Help' menu item for
submitting a bug report: `Send Bug Report'.  That should
be an easy entry, in principle.

Of course that just invokes `report-emacs-bug'.  Maybe
the `report-emacs-bug' interaction scares some users and
could be made less scary (dunno).

3. Something else that might help a bit is to include,
in each mail sent to a bug thread, a debbugs.gnu.org
link to that post.

4. And yes, a web interface (at debbugs.gnu.org or not)
that lets you not only view, but also reply to, posts
would be good.

5. And debbugs.gnu.org search sucks.  Or at least I suck
at trying to find anything using it.