Re: Gitlab Migration

From: Daniel Martín
Subject: Re: Gitlab Migration
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 17:35:18 +0200

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

> Could you elaborate on that?  I'm using sr.ht for some projects and like
> it but haven't seen anything related to tracking and managing patches.
> Is there anything beyond "use git send-email to the project mailing
> list" from which the maintainer can just "git am"?
>
> Oh, cool, now I've found out that you can filter the list for patches,
> mark them as applied or "needs revision" etc.  Thanks for making me
> aware!

Yes, there's some tagging and classification on top of plain mailing
list patches.  Another interesting feature of SourceHut is its
continuous integration support for patches. Core maintainers, before
merging a patch, could easily see if it breaks something in a rare
platform or if it generates new warnings.