Re: Could Emacs Have a Set-up Wizard?

From: Simon Pugnet
Subject: Re: Could Emacs Have a Set-up Wizard?
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 19:06:57 +0200

Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com> writes:

>> There is a discussion about it here, and perhaps you can find more in
>> the archives:
>>
>>    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-09/msg00601.html
>>

> Here is the link to the demo video: https://youtu.be/0qMskTAR2aw

Your PoC looks good to me, I like the fact that users can see the
effects of their choices in real time.

> Unfortunately that proof-of-concept didn’t go anywhere AFAIK.

Hopefully we can move out of the PoC stage soon. It sounds like this
would work best as a combined effort. I might continue working on mine
soon if I get some free time, but in the meantime please feel free to
take things from it if they're of any use! :)