Re: Deiconifying GTK frames on GNOME shell

From: Madhu
Subject: Re: Deiconifying GTK frames on GNOME shell
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 18:43:01 +0530

* martin rudalics <635efeee-ffd5-28e3-d966-1086990b1aac@gmx.at> :
Wrote on Tue, 7 Sep 2021 10:16:02 +0200:

>>> (1) In xterm.c swap the calls to
>>>        gtk_widget_show_all (FRAME_GTK_OUTER_WIDGET (f));
>>>        gtk_window_deiconify (GTK_WINDOW (FRAME_GTK_OUTER_WIDGET (f)));
>>> (2) When trying to deiconify an iconified frame make it invisible first
>>>      and only then make it visible.
>>> hack would work?
>> Yes, that seems to work. Consistently.
> Thanks for checking.
>
>> If I don't do (1), BTW, I can do (2) twice, and that also makes the
>> frame visible.
>>    (make-frame-invisible frame)
>>    (make-frame-visible frame)
>>    (make-frame-invisible frame)
>>    (make-frame-visible frame)
>>
>> If I do (1), then doing (2) only once is sufficient.
>
> Interesting.  I will check when I switch to GNOME next time.

[I thought I posted this workaround that I've been using at least since
- either on a bugreport or in a message to you - but I can't spot it in
my XMAIL]

(defadvice make-frame-visible (around mutter-workaround (&optional frame)
activate)
  (if (or (eql (frame-parameter frame 'visibility) 'icon)
           (eql (frame-parameter frame 'visibility) nil))
      (set-frame-parameter frame 'visibility nil))
  ad-do-it)