Re: Tree-sitter api

From: Tuấn-Anh Nguyễn
Subject: Re: Tree-sitter api
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 14:23:03 +0700

> I think you have it backwards. IIUC the reason why every Emacs dynamic module
> declares “plugin_is_GPL_compatible” is that every shared library that links
> with Emacs must be GPL compatible, and an Emacs dynamic module is a shared
> library. But that’s just my understanding, of course. I’m happy to be
> corrected.

That understanding is wrong. To help you understand better: every Emacs dynamic
module is a shared library, but the opposite is not true. If you are still
confused, read the relevant parts in `emacs-module.c`. On another note, shared
libraries in general don't "link" with Emacs. "Linking" has very specific and
precise technical meanings in this context. Please read up on that, starting
from "dynamic linking vs. dynamic loading."

--
Tuấn-Anh Nguyễn
Software Engineer