Re: Keybinding styles

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Keybinding styles
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 08:00:08 +0300

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Cc: eliz@gnu.org, theophilusx@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org,
>       monnier@iro.umontreal.ca, john@yates-sheets.org
> Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 16:15:00 -0400
>
> Do we have an opportunity?  Maybe, but I tend to doubt it.  I tend to
> think that doing this correctly is a big job; a simple search and
> replace will get confused and make mistakes.

IMO, it is not a simple job.  We need to find a way of reliably
identifying key bindings and the functions they invoke in the manual.
It will likely require changes to the Texinfo sources and most
probably the resulting Info file will look somewhat differently, so we
need to consider how this affects other Info readers (or decide that
we don't care?).