Re: Generic autoloading? [Was Patch: perform autoloading when docs is mi

From: Qiantan Hong
Subject: Re: Generic autoloading? [Was Patch: perform autoloading when docs is missing from autoload object]
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 19:51:40 +0000

> I haven't looked at your code, but if what you fetch lazily is itself
> a function, then I suspect that your "faking code" is clean, short, and
> reliable, and there isn't much to share with the autoload code (other
> than a philosophical similarity).

Thanks for the comment. I will probably do it that way then.
Also the prototype I last sent doesn’t do this yet, it just
demonstrate the basic idea, and is not a polished implementation.
Whether and how to do it lazily is a pure implementation issue.

The issue with the Elisp prototype is, it walks the object graph recursively,
and I suspect in practice it will occasionally use up stack space.
How can we work around this?