RE: [External] : Re: master ff4de1b: Fix quoting style in Lisp comments

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: master ff4de1b: Fix quoting style in Lisp comments
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 16:02:15 +0000

> We don't want Unicode quotes in NEWS, because NEWS (and other text
> files we have, but NEWS, PROBLEMS, and DEBUG in particular) needs to
> be readable on any text-mode terminal.  It's important to let users
> read those without problems.

Doesn't the same need apply to help & doc (manuals)?

"important to read without problems" is one of the
points raised against the change to curly quotes -
the "recognition" problem.

Add to that problem the difficulty of typing those
chars and searching for them...

What's good for the NEWS, PROBLEMS, and DEBUG
goose is also good for the help and doc gander.