Re: Better emoji support

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Better emoji support
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 16:25:59 +0300

> Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 16:15:10 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Cc: kevin.legouguec@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > So we get to pick our poison: complete consistency with the
> > Emoji_Presentation property from emoji-data.txt, or having complete
> > coverage for emoji-zwj-sequences.txt. Eli? (Iʼll admit to having a
> > slight preference for the latter, given that I find Emoji_Presentation
> > to be somewhat arbitrary for quite a few codepoints)
>
> I agree: we should use the latter, at least for now.

Btw, we could perhaps tweak the composition code to produce emoji
representation for the likes of U+231A followed by VS-16, even though
U+231A etc. aren't in the emoji script.  Remind me about this after
the basic emoji composition code is installed, and let's see if it
could be improved for those sequences.