Re: Proposal: Forwards-Compatibility Library for Emacs

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Proposal: Forwards-Compatibility Library for Emacs
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 14:50:45 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Can symbol-renaming help here, perhaps?  I believe João is trying to
> get it ready in time for Emacs 28.

This sounds potentially exciting, especially with the two recent
posts, one from Richard and one from Eli, mentioning this work.  The
last post on emacs-devel that I can find about "symbol renaming"
before that is from May 2020, and AFAICT it was buried in a
sub-thread.

Perhaps this would be a good time for a new post that explains the
current status of this, with a quick re-cap and perhaps even some
code?  (If there exists a branch, I can't find it.)