Re: Patch proposal: display symbol source code in help buffers

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Patch proposal: display symbol source code in help buffers
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 20:30:55 +0300

>>> If you fit the window showing *Help* to its buffer, there is no room
>>> left.
>>
>> It would be nice to make it fit to N lines in height, and C columns in width,
>> i.e. to make it fit to certain size.
>
> Who would specify that "certain size"?

In bug#45688 I proposed on displaying the Help buffer to call a hook
like temp-buffer-window-setup-hook or temp-buffer-window-show-hook
with the default value shrink-window-if-larger-than-buffer or
fit-window-to-buffer.  Then users can customize it and remove
resizing that will make it more useful for anyone who needs
to reuse the Help window to visit source code.