Re: bug#36767: 26.1; request: add more quick keys to the *Help* buffer

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: bug#36767: 26.1; request: add more quick keys to the *Help* buffer
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 23:52:56 +0200

Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
>>> From: Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com>
>>> Cc: larsi@gnus.org,  emacs-devel@gnu.org,  juri@linkov.net
>>> Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 19:08:05 +0200

>>> Oh, I am sorry :-)
>>
>> Thanks, but this still prompts for a key, just silently so.
>
> Yes, exactly, you said you were bothered by the prompt :-). Without seing the
> prompt it feels like you are just ordinary shortcut. At least for me.
>
> Anyway, I have tested with the prefix key, it does make for one difference:
> it shows me the panel for which-key which shows all completions, which
> read-key-sequence does not.
>
> In this case I had to hack those commands exported by help-mode as described
> before. Lars didn't like that, so you will have to agree on how to solve what
> is
> preferred here.
>
> For the note: is it acceptable to have this simplified customize? It works for
> me, but there is no checks for validity etc. I don't know how to write it so
> it
> take a valid prefix and so on.

I am sorry, for some reason the prefix key is unknown in a fresh Emacs
:). Worked for me so well yesterday when I teste, I must have some evaled
remains when I was tested and I didn't noticed. Thought I woudl have time to
send new one today, but I didn't. Will send one when I have solved that with
prefix command and key.