Re: input-pending-p after make-frame-visible

From: Aaron Jensen
Subject: Re: input-pending-p after make-frame-visible
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 21:38:28 -0400

On Sun, Oct 3, 2021 at 9:00 PM Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org> wrote:

> > Ok, here is a repro:
> >

> I'm currently unable to reproduce the issue, but your recipe is not clear
> enough:

Are you on macOS? I don't know if this is a mac specific issue or not.

Also, I just tried this with an older build that doesn't use Martin's
patch and I see pending input after C-x C-x using these steps even
without clicking in the echo area.

> > Focus the original frame
> > C-x C-x
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Note that input-pending-p is t after showing. You have to focus the
> > original frame each time, but it is consistent after clicking
> >

> What is "the original frame"?  There is apparently a single (visible)
> frame in the recipe.

Yes, but at least on macOS, that frame loses focus after the first C-x
C-x. It's possible that the child frame has focus instead, even though
it is invisible.

Here is a video of the repro using martin's patch: https://cln.sh/Ts1MAC

Aaron