Re: Draw and Scribble Notes in GNU Emacs (Schematics)

From: Hugo Thunnissen
Subject: Re: Draw and Scribble Notes in GNU Emacs (Schematics)
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 10:28:58 +0200

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>     3. A device in which Bluetooth controls the pen. There are the
>        following devices (in order of quality)
>
>        a. The iPad
>
>        b. The MS Windows Surface
>
>        c. Android devices
>
>        d. The Lenovo yoga series running MS Windows (these I have not tested)

What about the recently announced PineNote by Pine64? I personally own a
similar device called remarkable2 which is great for note-taking but
requires proprietary firmware to operate its framebuffer. The PineNote
won't have this problem, so it might be relatively easy to get emacs to
run on it. Maybe emacs, with some modifications, could even be the main
UI for an e-ink tablet like this? I think that the text-based nature of
emacs would lend itself well for an e-ink screen. Imagine reading emails
on a sunny terrace without a glaring screen and jotting down notes in
the window next to your gnus article!

-Hugo