Re: Automatic face setting based on contrast?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Automatic face setting based on contrast?
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 21:39:37 -0400

> Currently, a face can inherit properties from another face.
> Could there be a kind of contrast-inheritance where face A
> is set automatically to contrast strongly with B, and contrast
> somewhat with C and D?  Based on calculations on the RGB codes,
> I imagine.

We discussed such things in the past and yes, it would be great.
There are various situations, one of them being to compute faces when
a theme is installed or when a face is defined, but there can also be
more dynamic cases where a face could adapt to the place where it's used
(i.e. the actual computation would be performed during redisplay).
Not sure if those two situations should be treated uniformly or if they
should be handled by different mechanisms.

        Stefan