Re: ELPA: New package: nano-modeline

From: Nicolas P. Rougier (inria)
Subject: Re: ELPA: New package: nano-modeline
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 21:20:56 +0200

It might be possible to make it a minor mode (with some extra work)
but it seems counter-intuitive (to me) to have this as a
minor-mode. But I've no strong opinion actually.

How come? A minor mode usually modifies the behaviour or appearance of
Emacs. Think of menu-bar-mode, scroll-bar-mode, etc.

Yes, I think it is just a misconception from myself.

But the main reason I mention this is that a minor mode is
reversible. If someone were to download nano-modeline and try it out,
they would have to restart their Emacs session to reset it.

This the part I did not want to write (but I will do it).

Nicolas