Re: Moving kbd to subr.el

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Moving kbd to subr.el
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 06:10:36 -0700

Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> writes:

>> Don't see the point in moving the entirety of a function body to another
>> function.
>
> That's not what factoring is about.

I understand that one-liners is your style, but I find it too terse to
follow here.  That's unfortunate, because I would like to understand
what you are saying.

In your first message you wrote "That needs to be factored out."  When
someone says "factor out", I understand this to mean that you move some
specific part of one function into another function.  Moreover, the word
"that" seems to refer to only one part of the function.

Now you seem to be talking about refactoring, which is a term that I
understand to cover a wider set of types of changes.

Could you perhaps elaborate on what you mean here?