Re: gud menus

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: gud menus
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 15:01:08 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
> Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 00:23:59 +0200
>
> However, this makes F10 not work at all, so I can't use the menus in the
> buffer after saying `M-x gud-gdb'.

It's not a menu, so I don't think F10 should work here.  Do you see it
working in any old version of Emacs, say Emacs 23?

> Clicking on those texts does nothing, either -- with or without
> xterm-mouse-mode.

That works here on MS-Windows, where the TTY frames support the mouse.
Do you have a build with the GPM mouse to try that?  xterm-mouse-mode
might not support this, if no one wrote the code.

> So...  is this something that used to work?

It used, and it does, but only if the mouse is supported.  For the
other builds, it is just a reminder of the tool-bar buttons.

> And is it supposed to disable the menus?

I'll have to look into that, but it could be that overwriting the menu
with these "too-bar buttons" disables the TTY menus as side effect.
However, with xterm-mouse-mode you should have the global menu on
C-mouse-3 if you turn off menu-bar-mode.