Re: input-pending-p after make-frame-visible

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: input-pending-p after make-frame-visible
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 15:58:39 +0900

On Thu, 21 Oct 2021 02:15:21 +0900,
Aaron Jensen wrote:

> > The original code included conditions
> > that depend on use of the toolkit scroll bars (the reasons for which
> > we don't understand, AFAICT) and ignored just a small group of events,
> > now we will/might ignore much more, and that's in the main source of
> > reading events.  Who knows what this will do.
>
> Yeah, that part is the biggest head scratcher to me. I wonder if
> Yamamoto Mitsuharu may know why this was added this way in
> 354344a20a06e2052bc23a4b92ac44af1075cdbe

Maybe I've injected some bug with the above change?  The original
intention was to coalesce redisplays caused by successive scroll thumb
dragging events because otherwise we only see partly updated screen
when redisplay-dont-pause is nil, which used to be the default.

See https://lists.gnu.org/r/emacs-devel/2005-05/msg00297.html .

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                mituharu@math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp