RE: [External] : Re: unique syntax for reporting (submitting bugs)

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: unique syntax for reporting (submitting bugs)
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 16:44:02 +0000

> So that is confusing I say. If one convention would be chosen, like in
> «one ring to rule them all» I think it would simplify things a bit.
> At least that is my experience over the years

It's OK by me.  I don't see it as much of a problem.
But it might not hurt to add some suggestion of a
format to (elisp) `Coding Conventions' for it.
___

(OT - Of course, that node could be made clearer
about how much this or that "rule" is a stylistic
suggestion, versus something intended more strongly.
And then there's the question of whether a given
rule is both strict for submission to Emacs itself
and just a suggestion for other 3rd-party code.)