Re: Dark mode on Windows

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Dark mode on Windows
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 15:02:59 +0200

>> AFAIK, in the GTK build the GTK itself determines how the decorations
>> look, and it does that according to the system theme.  We also support
>> GSettings.
>
> But we still need to re-set the `frame-background-mode` when the
> environment changes from dark to light and vice-versa, right?

This is about the frame's titlebar, not the frame's contents.

The issue here is that on MS Windows the application has control over
the titlebar's appearence. When the user switches to dark mode in the OS
settings, the applications themselves must change the window
decorations. Currently Emacs ignores that. This patch adapts the title
frame colors to the the OS light/dark setting.