Re: Alternatives for reliable build environments for emacs?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Alternatives for reliable build environments for emacs?
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 15:02:56 -0400

> I'm finding it increasingly difficult to build emacs in my distro,
> Fedora(Ok, I havent managed to build emacs using distro dependencies for
> a long time)

That's a serious problem for Emacs, so please report these as bugs.
I use the kind of "stgit" setup you describe on Debian testing machines
and have none of the problems you describe, so my guess is that Fedora
is a bit more "bleeding edge" and the Emacs code gets adjusted for the
new libs before they reach Debian testing.

Maybe we should have a "bleeding edge Fedora" build VM in EMBA to catch
those problems?

        Stefan