Re: Entering emojis

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Entering emojis
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 23:27:32 +0200

Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se> writes:

> How about just adding to NEWS (and maybe elsewhere): "emoji.el is
> included as an experimental package, use at your own risk and report
> bugs to ...  A stable version of this package will almost certainly be
> included in Emacs 29.1."  Or is that very ugly/bad?

Sacha Chua reminded me that GNU ELPA exists.  :-)  I think the best way
forward here is to put the emoji stuff in the trunk, but also put it on
GNU ELPA as a package.  It'll only work for people in Emacs 28 and
newer, though, but that way we can continue ironing out problems/adding
features without getting in the way of releasing Emacs 28.1.

emoji.el is basically ready to go, but I still haven't heard from Jonas
about the transient.el changes.  Is the email address above the correct
one?