Eshell requires execute permission on Win10, was Re: Windows Binaries R

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Eshell requires execute permission on Win10, was Re: Windows Binaries Release: was The emacs-28 release branch
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 12:16:04 +0100

Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es> writes:

> "H. Dieter Wilhelm" <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> writes:

>> I created such a script but my problem is that chmod seems not to work
>> for me!
>>
>>    chmod u+x build-zips.sh
>>
>> doesn't change anything, so I can't run the scripts.  Do you know this
>> problem?
>
> I don't know the context, but I'll chime anyway...

Thanks for asking about the context, sorry!  Above I used *eshell* to
execute a script on Windows10.

I'm on MSYS2 and emacs-28

~/scripts $ ./build-28-deps.sh
./build-28-deps.sh: not an executable file
~/scripts $

Is this a bug of eshell (under Windows)?

> Are you executing the script in MS Windows? There is no "execute" bit
> for script files. Try
>
> bash build-zips.sh

You're right, when I execute the same scripts under the MSYS2 shell it
works (this shell doesn't care about file permissions)!

Thank you

      Dieter