Re: Emacs Lisp code formatting

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp code formatting
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2021 00:59:05 +0100

Campbell Barton <ideasman42@gmail.com> writes:

> There are a handful of 3rd party lisp formatting tools [0], though, YMMV.
>
> [0]: https://emacs.stackexchange.com/a/55759/2418

Thanks.  I had a look at them, but they seem to have the problem of
being 1) too dependent on the rest of a larger package or 2) having
special code for known constructs (meaning that there'd be a maintenance
burden over the years).

I wonder how far one can get by using the symbol properties (i.e.,
edebug-form-spec/lisp-indent-function/doc-string-elt).  Has anybody
looked into that?  If not, I think I'll take a whack at implementing
something simple based on that -- it seems like it should be possible to
make something general based on that.