Re: New key binding syntax

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: New key binding syntax
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 14:45:23 +0100

John Yates <john@yates-sheets.org> writes:

> Can you point to other situations, familiar to Emacs users, where a similar
> formulation of whitespace occurs?  Contrast that with the nearly countless
> context in which whitespace is a lexical pattern.

All characters usually count when dealing with strings.

> And in Emacs especially, when would I grep for the source of a binding
> after having it displayed by Emacs.  My immediate response would be
> "C-h k".

Which may say "C-c a runs the command (lambda nil", which doesn't tell
you where it's defined.

> Finally, I will point out that you are retracting current keydef
> functionality.

I'm not sure what you mean here.  The entire point here is to move away
from five different key definition syntaxes to one syntax.  So of course
I'm "retracting" functionality.