Re: `M-x yank-media'

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: `M-x yank-media'
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2021 16:29:04 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
> Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2021 06:09:38 +0100
>
> I've now also added a `yank-media-types' command -- mostly for
> debugging.  It lets people who are thinking about writing handlers
> explore what's actually on the clipboard (Firefox, for instance, puts a
> surprising amount of useful stuff there).

This command seems to assume that only the data types which have
support in gui-get-selection are useful.  But that is not necessarily
true for a command that was meant to allow snooping and tinkering.

For example, after copying text from Firefox on MS-Windows, I have:

  (gui-get-selection 'CLIPBOARD 'TARGETS)
    => [DataObject text/html HTML\ Format text/_moz_htmlcontext
text/_moz_htmlinfo UTF8_STRING STRING text/x-moz-url-priv Ole\ Private\ Data
OEM_STRING]

But "M-x yank-media-types RET" followed by "?" shows just this:

  Possible completions are:
  clipboard:STRING

If this command is supposed to be for exploring the selections, then
perhaps it should produce a table of all the types, and some meta-data
for every supported type?