Re: Semantic hl-line-mode (was: ELPA: add lin.el)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Semantic hl-line-mode (was: ELPA: add lin.el)
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 17:06:30 +0200

> From: Protesilaos Stavrou <info@protesilaos.com>
> Cc: monnier@iro.umontreal.ca, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 18:53:30 +0200
>
> +The distinction between these two types of line highlighting allows
> +users/themes to apply different styles to the applicable faces, each
> +optimized for its context: the standard 'hl-line' may become more
> +subtle, while the 'hl-line-line-oriented' ought to be more prominent.

It sounds like the last part (after the colon) is the important part,
and is the reason for having a separate face.  So I wonder whether the
documentation could be made more up-to-a-point by stating this right
from the beginning.  Then I think you will be able to omit a large
part of the rest, because the above makes the reason very clear.

Thanks.