Re: Building a release tarball generates trampoline files in eln-cache

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Building a release tarball generates trampoline files in eln-cache
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 19:34:47 +0200

> From: Andrea Corallo <akrl@sdf.org>
> Cc: monnier@iro.umontreal.ca, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 20:33:39 +0000
>
> > Thanks.  I think we should do this on master, but on the release
> > branch compile gv.el AOT, as that will be safer.  WDYT?
>
> I think is sensible.

OK.  I ended up adding a few more files, all the dependencies of
comp.el and comp-cstr.el, just to be on the safe side.  The result is
satisfactory, I think: both "emacs -Q" and "emacs -Q -nw" come up
without a problem.

So I think we are approaching a point where we can finally make the
first pretest, thanks for your help on the way.  I just want to see
what's going on in bug#51689, which sounds like some similar problem,
perhaps, and do some more local testing.

And another question (I think you already answered that at some point,
sorry for my faulty memory): Emacs with native-compilation is not
supposed to try to compile ~/.emacs when it loads it at startup,
right?  But it does compile packages loaded by ~/.emacs, right?  And
the same with explicit *.el files loaded from the command-line, as in
"emacs -Q -l foo.el" -- the foo.el file will not be compiled, only any
packages it loads.  Correct?