Re: Grammar checking in Emacs

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: Grammar checking in Emacs
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 20:45:33 +0100

Daniel Martín <mardani29@yahoo.es> writes:

> Is there interest in having this feature in Emacs?  Perhaps as an ELPA
> package, if the technology is not mature enough to have it in Core?

I would *love* to see grammar checking support in core Emacs, but I would not
want to see Emacs tied to LanguageTool. I would welcome a set of hooks (in the
more general sense), perhaps similar to Flymake but easier to set up. I
currently use Vale and Flymake to do both grammar and spell checking, and I
find the experience quite painful. I disabled Emacs internal spell checking,
for I do not want to maintain two sets of regular expressions, one for grammar
checking and one for spell checking, that define what parts of text to ignore.

Rudy
--
"'Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be; and if it
were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'" -- Lewis

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com>
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia