Re: ispell.el and pipes

From: dick
Subject: Re: ispell.el and pipes
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 07:08:25 -0500

It is a common mistake to dismiss *ad hominem*.  In all the top-10 lists for
logical fallacies, *ad hominem* often appears first when it shouldn't be on
the list at all.

A Bayesian argument can easily be made to decrease the posterior likelihood of
a proposal's correctness by pointing out the foibles and motives of the person
making it.  People have accused me of bloviative grandstanding, and I must
concede my narcissism does cast doubt on my code proposals.

While it's not nice, it's not exactly wrong.