Re: could matlab-mode be in ELPA or the GNU emacs tree (like auctex and

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: could matlab-mode be in ELPA or the GNU emacs tree (like auctex and org-mode)?
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 17:25:01 +0100

>>> "AMS" == Alfred M Szmidt <ams@gnu.org> writes:

>    I am forced to use MS Windows and
>    matlab, and don't like its internal editor.

> I doubt (and hope) that you are really forced, rather that you might
> find it a significant effort and non trivial effort to switch.  You
> could try and see if you can replace matlab with GNU octave when
> possible.  GNU Emacs comes with an octave-mode out of the box.

That was an example, fortunately I am not forced to use MS Windows. I am
forced, however, in my university to use Matlab for my lectures and
interactions with the students. That is *not* negotiable, although I did
not try to bring it to the courts.

So octave is not an alternative, and I have to add that at some point in
the past I tried very hard to convince the university authorities to
switch to octave.