Re: could matlab-mode be in ELPA or the GNU emacs tree (like auctex and

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: could matlab-mode be in ELPA or the GNU emacs tree (like auctex and org-mode)?
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 11:39:47 -0500

   >    I am forced to use MS Windows and
   >    matlab, and don't like its internal editor.

   > I doubt (and hope) that you are really forced, rather that you might
   > find it a significant effort and non trivial effort to switch.  You
   > could try and see if you can replace matlab with GNU octave when
   > possible.  GNU Emacs comes with an octave-mode out of the box.

   That was an example, fortunately I am not forced to use MS Windows. I am
   forced, however, in my university to use Matlab for my lectures and
   interactions with the students. That is *not* negotiable, although I did
   not try to bring it to the courts.

Experience tells me, at least, otherwise.  Here is a great article
which might give you some inspiration:
https://www.gnu.org/education/how-i-fought-to-graduate-without-using-non-free-software.html