Re: GStreamer xwidget

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: GStreamer xwidget
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 01:11:57 -0500

  > The ugly and bad plugins are not installed with a default GStreamer
  > distribution either.  AFAIU, most GNU distributions do not have them in
  > their main package repositories either.

This is not directly concerned with Emacs, but I'm curious.

According to Wikipedia, the "bad" problems of GStreamer have
_technical_ problems; perhaps they need more work.  Do you know
whether all the "bad" plug-ins are ziyou?

As for the "ugly" plug-ins, can you find for me a list of them, what
formats they support, and what the "distribution problem" of each one
is?  Basically, I'd like to know what the obstacles are to their use.

--
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org) Chief GNUisance of the GNU
Project (https://gnu.org) Founder, Free Software Foundation