Re: master e37eb7f: Add support for pixel wheel deltas on NS

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: master e37eb7f: Add support for pixel wheel deltas on NS
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 11:47:00 +0100

    Po> Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:
    Po> Add support for pixel wheel deltas on NS
    >>
    Po> * src/xterm.c (x_coalesce_scroll_events): Update doc string.
    Po> * src/nsterm.c (- mouseDown): Report pixel scroll deltas.

    >> nsterm.m, not .c. I guess you didnʼt use C-x 4 a to write the log
    >> message.

    Po> That's right.  Good catch, sorry, but I couldn't get
    Po> add-change-log-entry to fill entries satisfactorily for use with Git.

add-change-log-entry doesnʼt need to fill the entry. You can refill in
the *vc-log* buffer when committing. Or recentish versions of magit
have a 'magit-generate-changelog' command. (please donʼt tell me
youʼre not using Emacs to commit changes :-) )

    Po> +
    Po> +  DEFVAR_BOOL ("x-coalesce-scroll-events", x_coalesce_scroll_events,
    Po> +              doc: /* SKIP: real doc in xterm.c.  */);
    Po> +  x_coalesce_scroll_events = true;
    Po> +

    >> We now have 3 definitions of x-coalesce-scroll-events. Is there not
    >> somewhere more generic where you can put it? (and I suspect we can
    >> drop the x- bit).

    Po> Not until MS-Windows gains this support, I think.

Iʼm sure we have similar variables already, but none spring to mind
:-)

Robert