Re: master 99c276b 2/2: Revert "Preload paren.el"

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 99c276b 2/2: Revert "Preload paren.el"
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 20:02:06 +0200

> branch: master
> commit 99c276b3c0aee5599c1d281c1e9fe223810784ca
> Author: Andrea Corallo <akrl@sdf.org>
> Commit: Andrea Corallo <akrl@sdf.org>
>
>     Revert "Preload paren.el"
>
>     Reverting as the previous commit make this fix not anymore necessary.

Andrea, I don't understand this commit.  We preload paren.el because
we now turn on show-paren-mode by default.  After this commit, I get
an error message in this scenario:

  emacs -Q
  M-: (foo)

As soon as I type the right parenthesis, Emacs complains:

  blink-paren-post-self-insert-function: Symbol’s value as variable is void:
show-paren-mode

Your fix perhaps prevented the need for natively-compiling the
prerequisites of paren.el, but we should still preload it.